Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How It All Began

Hello everyone.

I hope you are having a Great Day today ! I thought I would take a minute to tell the story of how Sign Junkies came to be.
I was working at a Job that I once loved but had now become more of an everyday Drama and Gossip session that resembled more of a High School environment than a working environment. I began to hate the job I once loved and it became difficult to shake off the drama of the day and leave it at work. My husband and I had talked about starting up our own business over the years and we decided that this would be the perfect time to take a leap of faith and give it a try.We had discussed what kind of business we would like to do over the years and my husband had mentioned a sign business, I wasn't quite sure what to think about that at first but once we started learning about the sign industry and seeing all the possibilities and more importantly the  opportunities for us to be creative, we were entirely sold on the idea.

I love to decorate and design and my friends and family had always mentioned that I had an eye for making things beautiful and being creative with whatever was on hand.
Although starting your own business is in many ways a rather scary venture these days I was so excited about being able do two things that I absolutely love which is using my creativity and being able to share that creativity with special people like you!

These days our business continues to grow and I feel so blessed to be able to LOVE my job like I do and to work with the nicest co-owner I have ever known. As I think back to when this all began I remember a quote that came to mind when I started thinking about all the what ifs that come into play when starting your own business and that quote was "Whether you think you can or think you can't you're right". While I am in no way a philosopher of any kind I think this is a great quote for everyone who has something they would really like to try but just haven't taken that first scary step  after all like they say" life is definitely not a dress rehearsal".

No comments:

Post a Comment